For now, here are some pics and quick 'how-to' of a lovely Blueberry-Banana piecaken that I made last month:
Blueberry Pie In A Banana Cake PIECAKEN
1. Make a blueberry pie (or buy one! Farmer's Markets are a great place to get one right now). Use my recipe from this post: http://piecaken.blogspot.ca/2014/08/summer-in-country-dessert-blueberry-pie.html.
2. Make your favourite banana bread or cake recipe. I make one with buttermilk in it - I'm sure a Google search can pull one up easily (this one looks good, but you might want to double the recipe - if there is too much batter, make a few cupcakes or muffins with it).
3. Pour some (about 1/3 of the batter) cake batter into the bottom of a 10" springform pan, then flip your pie over upside down into the centre of the pan (onto the batter layer).
4. Pour the remaining batter around the sides and on top of the pie crust. Give the pan a little shake to smooth it out.
5. Bake in a 350º F oven for about 1 hour to 1.5 hours (basically until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean).
6. Let cool completely (an hour on the counter, then in the fridge for about 6 hours - or overnight).
7. Decorate with vanilla buttercream icing. Use my icing recipe from this post (and try not to get distracted by the deliciousness of the Peach Piecaken while over there): http://piecaken.blogspot.ca/2014/08/vanilla-bean-peach-piecaken-recipe.html
8. Serve with fresh blueberries on top - it is the season, after all!